In response to COVID-19, D89 students and teachers are engaging in remote learning at this time. Below are resources for D89 families.
Resources on COVID-19
Learn more about COVID-19:
- How to Protect Yourself – CDC
- What to Do if You Are Sick – CDC
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Comparta la Informacion Sobre el COVID-19
Student Services Helpful Links
Social Emotional Learning (SEL) is essential to supporting your child with social skills, emotional regulation, and problem solving. We encourage continued social emotional development at home with your children.
- SEL Activity Calendars
- Understanding COVID-19
- Managing anxiety and stress – CDC
- Estrés y cómo sobrellevarlo – CDC
- Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019 – CDC
- Talking to kids about the Coronavirus – Child Mind Institute
- Keeping your distance to stay safe – American Psychological Association
- Five ways to view coverage of the Coronavirus – American Psychological Association
- Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID19) – National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Helping Children Cope – Mary Bridge Children’s
- Social Distancing Social Story
- Coronavirus Social Story
Grab & Go Meals
Ensuring kids have access to nutritious meals while D89 schools are closed is a priority. Please find information below about food distribution, meal sites and hours of operation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
For additional information in regards to D89’s response to COVID-19, see our FAQ documents below.