In response to COVID-19, D89 students and teachers will engage in eLearning for the start of the school year. Below are resources for D89 families.
Resources on COVID-19
Learn more about COVID-19:
- How to Protect Yourself – CDC
- What to Do if You Are Sick – CDC
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Comparta la Informacion Sobre el COVID-19
Student Services Helpful Links
Social Emotional Learning (SEL) is essential to supporting your child with social skills, emotional regulation, and problem solving. We encourage continued social emotional development at home with your children.
- SEL Activity Calendars
- Understanding COVID-19
- Managing anxiety and stress – CDC
- Estrés y cómo sobrellevarlo – CDC
- Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019 – CDC
- Talking to kids about the Coronavirus – Child Mind Institute
- Keeping your distance to stay safe – American Psychological Association
- Five ways to view coverage of the Coronavirus – American Psychological Association
- Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID19) – National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Helping Children Cope – Mary Bridge Children’s
- Social Distancing Social Story
- Coronavirus Social Story
Grab & Go Meals
In a continued effort to maintain the safety of the entire District 89 community we will be offering Grab-and-Go food pick-up on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30am – 2:30pm at Garfield, Jane Addams, Lincoln, Melrose Park and Stevenson Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
For additional information in regards to D89’s response to COVID-19, see our FAQ documents below.
Plan on a Page
For additional information in regards to D89’s back to school plan, see our documents below.