The School District 89 Technology Department has been in the process of many upgrades in a multi-year plan to provide students 21st Century tools to learn the necessary skills to be successfully prepared for High School and beyond. We have focused attention on eRate funding to offset costs on many eligible telecommunication and infrastructure items.
2016–2017 School Year
- Upgrading security cameras throughout the district. We will be moving from SD analog to full HD digital camera capture and replacing all DVR storage with twice the recording capacity.
- Keyless/badge entry to all 13 buildings in the district.
- Updating of the District and all 9 school logos and mascots.
- Complete overhaul of the District website and communications platform – this includes creating individual websites for each of our 9 schools.
- Bandwidth upgrades with a 5GB DataCenter and District Office. Each school with a dedicated 2gb connection.
2014–2015 School Year
- Both Middle Schools will receive Epson Brightlink Interactive Projectors in all classrooms.
- 6th-8th grade students will receive Office 365 accounts with e-mail and home access.
- STEM and Art teachers will be using 3D printers.
- Middle School Social Studies teacher will receive a set of 30 iPads for student use.
2013–2014 School Year
- District 89 will be upgrading the network connections between buildings to 1GB and increase the Internet connection to 1GB in preperation for PARRC Assesment Testing ( http://www.parcconline.org/ ) for the 2014-15 School Year.
- Teachers in grades K-2 will be supplied with laptops.
IN THE CLASSROOMS WE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING EQUIPMENT
- HP ProBook Notebooks & ProOne All-in-One Desktops
- EPSON Brightlink Interactive Projectors
- Dukane & LadiBug Visual Presenters
- Apple iPads 2, 3, Air, Air 2
- Office 2010, 2013, 365
School District 89 Acceptable Use Policy
School District 89 Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) Policy – Adopted October 13, 2011
eRate Funding – http://www.usac.org/sl/
PC Tech Lvl2
JA / ST
GF / RS / WA
IR / LN
EM / MP
Technology Department Building
1204 Van Buren Street
Maywood, IL 60153
(P) 708.216.2891 (EXT 1204)
(F) why fax when email exists?
(E) [email protected]